Thank you for your interest in the International School of Uganda (ISU). If you have not already done so, and are in Kampala, we invite you to come and visit our beautiful, green campus.
ISU has a “rolling admission” process which means students may enroll at any time during the school year. While we understand that securing school enrollment is a priority for families, we cannot do so until we have received complete applications and reviewed each child’s file for admission.
We are ready to answer your questions and welcome you to our school. Please contact Sue Farmer, Admissions Director, at email@example.com, or call on +256 757 754808.
- Step 1: Enquire about Enrolment
- Step 2: Submit Documentation & Pay Registration Fee
- Step 3: Acceptance & Grade Placement
- Step 4: Finalising the Enrolment
Please contact Sue Farmer, Admissions Director to find about class availability, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on +256 757 754808 with the following information:
a. Child’s Name
b. Date of Birth
c. Current School
Please download, fill out and return the following forms:
- Application Form
- Child Protection Policy Form
- Confidential School Report:
- Enrolment Contract
- Medical Form
- Senior School Language Survey & Second Language
- For Junior School students please fill out:
Additionally forward the following information:
- 2 Years of Academic reports from current school
- Photocopy of birth certificate/biographical details from the child’s passport.
To complete the application, the registration fee of USD250 per child needs to be deposited to the school's account.
ISU Banking Details
Once all the application paperwork has been received it will be reviewed by the admissions team. Parents will be informed of the School’s decision by the Admissions Director.
We consider the following elements when admitting students to the school:
- The potential of the applicant's ability to benefit from the academic programme.
- The capacity of the school to meet the educational needs of the applicant.
- The ability of the applicant's family to meet the obligations stipulated in the enrolment agreement.
The school may admit students at any time during the school year, provided they meet the admission requirements. Students will also be permitted to withdraw from school any time of the year.
Students are generally placed in grades based on the age of the child. Please note that we also consider previous school transcripts, academic ability, social development, interviews and placement tests, where necessary to determine grade placement at ISU. The following guide for 2019-20 may be helpful in understanding grade placement at ISU and equivalent national grade placement.
As a grade reaches it optimal capacity, a waiting pool will be established and the school's waitlist procedure will come into effect.
For families able to visit our campus, we encourage you to schedule an appointment and experience our community in action. We look forward to showing you around our 33 acre campus, answering your questions and helping you navigate through the admissions process.
We welcome prospective students to join us to experience a day or two at ISU. They will be integrated into normal lessons and will be in involved in all aspects of school life. This gives them the opportunity to get to know our students and staff.
We look forward to welcoming you to ISU. Please contact Sue Farmer, Admissions Director, at email@example.com or on +256 757 754808 to schedule a visit Monday – Friday between 8:00am and 3:00pm.
- 1. When can an applications be submitted?
- 2. Does ISU offer financial assistance?
- 3. Is there a fee waiver or deduction for siblings?
- 4. Do you carry out student assessments?
- 5. Do you offer a lunch service?
- 6. Does your school have a uniform?
- 7. Does ISU offer scholarships?